- Who A retail clothing company wishes to be able to better understand the demographics of the clientele they are serving, so that they can better serve their customers, by getting a demographic of their customers based upon age, gender and ethnicity.
- What Clothing store sales went down and they suspect that their clientele demographic have changed.
- When Sales have been declining for two quarters, over the past year.
- Where Sales have declined for a majority of the companies stores over all of their geographical locations.
- Why The demographic of the population served by the stores changed over time.
- How: Various social and economical factors contributed to the changing population, such as increase/decrease in birth rate, economic bust / boom cycle, and changes in fashion and clothing styles.