The dataset which we are using is a manually built dataset that contains information of all the
books that are available in UMKC library and the dataset targets the Undergraduate and
Graduate students having a diversified backgrounds. The fields in the dataset represent the main
characteristics in the story. As this is not sensitive information, there is no risk in disclosing the
Our dataset contains 7 columns in which two of the columns will be updated during the runtime
and 236 records. Please find the column names and their description below.
- Title: Name of the book
- Author: Name of the book writer
- Published_year: Year in which the book is published
- Published_date: Date on which the book is published
- Subject: Subjects which the book is related to
- Book_status: This column is updated as issued when the book is issued to a student and
is updated as returned when it is returned by the student
- Issue_Date: This column is updated with the present date on the day when the book is issued
Data is collected from UMKC library website on 08th October, 2020. The data collected is cross
sectional data. The data represents the collection of books in UMKC library that were published
between 2009 and 2020.
Dataset does not contain any geographical information. The data in the dataset is about the
collection of books that are available in UMKC library for Undergraduate and Graduate students.
We have added two columns Book_status and Issue_date which gets updated when the book is
issued and returned.